Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greenfly

Is it ok to use soapy water on tomato plants to help get rid of greenfly

Basically yes. It's what we used in the good old days. But you do have to make sure it is really dilute or it burns the plants. No idea what the dillution has to be. Only the good old boys no that. But a spot of washing up liquid in a bucket of water can't go wrong.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Alice
      Basically yes. It's what we used in the good old days. But you do have to make sure it is really dilute or it burns the plants. No idea what the dillution has to be. Only the good old boys no that. But a spot of washing up liquid in a bucket of water can't go wrong.
      thanks Alice, want to get at the little b*****s before they get a stranglehold and dont really want to use strong chemicals

Comment

If there is only a few at the tips, just wipe them off and crush them, very gruesome but satisfying or find a ladybird in your garden and make introductions.
        Best wishes
        Andrewo
        Harbinger of Rhubarb tales

Comment

You sadistic person you!!!! Accessory to murder the courts would call that!

Comment

Hey, if you're going to kill a bug either introduce it to its natural predator or squash it - my worries about soap is that it could damage beneficial insects too. In prior incarnations I introduced the Dodo to mariners.
            Best wishes
            Andrewo
            Harbinger of Rhubarb tales

Comment

Can recommend Organic Bug spray which is made from vegetable oil (rapeseed, I think). You make a dilute spray, and you can eat the crop the same day if you want. One I've got is called Bio Organic Pest control, and it works really well. (www.bio-garden.co.uk)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X