Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best time to start chitting

Hi Everyone,
    I’m going to start my own veg plot in my garden, so fat I have dug over the bottom end of the garden (sunny spot) and made some raised beds to grow some veggies, just need some dry weather so I can fill the beds with soil and empty compost bins in to them, then should be ready for planting in to by time I get them sorted.
    Hope to be up and ready for March.
    I have bought some seed potato’s (Yukon Gold - Potato Sante - and Arran Pilot) when is the best time to start chitting them.
    Smile and the world smiles with you

You can start chitting now. I've placed mine on an egg tray on the window sill for the natural light, just make sure it's frost free wherever you're storing the seed potatoes.
    Food for Free

Comment

Thanks veg4681,
      Will get them sorted now, i will have to put mine in seed tays in hall. fingers crossed they will chitt ok.
      Oh this is getting very exciting now getting seeds ready can’t wait to get veg plot up and running. Thankyou
      Smile and the world smiles with you

Comment

Don't worry too much about chitting. There is an earlier discussion from the thread below on whether to chit or not. It'll help you to understand about potato growing better, each day you learn something .

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...not_12043.html
        Food for Free

Comment

Hi Gardenplot

Any time now is good to chit. good luck.

Chuffer

Comment

Hi, i started mine at the beginning of jan, earlies and main. I thought that was too early but they doing well,even the pink fir apple which has an history of not chitting at all.
            Time will probably tell if i have set them to chit too early but i would certainly get them going now. Thanks Minty
            " If it tastes like chicken THEN EAT CHICKEN " :- Kermit The Frog

http://mohicans-allotment.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X