Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Heritage Seed Library growing information please

Hello

I've recieved my seeds from the Heritage Seed Library. On the seed packets it says to refer to the catalogue for growing information. In the catalogue I can only find the vegetable description but no information on When to sow, plant outside, spacing, harvest time, etc. Does anyone know where I can locate this information please?

I have:
    Pea - Latvian
    Lettuce - Emerald
    Onion
    Tomato - Broad Ripple Yellow Currant
    Pepper - Nardello
    Pepper - Long Green Buddha
    Dwarf French Bean - Jersey
    Carrot - Manchester table

Thankyou
    Kind regards
    Tracey
    Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.

Michael Pollan

Hi Tracey
    I've found that problem too. I think you have to grow them following the usual guidelines for the crop in question (from a book or something). You can also email them for more detailed instructions if you are a Garden Organic member, and I think they have instructions for most crops on the website too. Good luck!
    Visit: Garden Organic - celebrating 50 years of organic growing - organic gardening, farming and food
    All at once I hear your voice
    And time just slips away
    Bonnie Raitt

Comment

The growing information (although it's not much) is at the beginning of each category rather than next to the variety description. ie it's under Onion rather than under 'Onion - Up-to-Date'. For more info., you can just follow standard advice for the type of veg which you have (from the back of other seed packs or a book like 'The Vegetable Expert')

Comment

I emailed garden organic and they said they can be sown the same time as other vegetables. It'll have to be a bit hit and miss with me being new to growing veg. I suppose this is how you learn. I've got a garden growing diary and I'll be making notes to help me next year. Garden Organic kindly said they'll pop a copy of The Cooks Garden Planner in the post to me which has sowing, planting and harvesting times.
        Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.

Michael Pollan

Comment

I'm going to Garden Organic Headquarters tomorrow, its the Potato day at Ryton.

Very nice people.
          Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X