Cucumbers, anyone got any good tips

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cucumbers, anyone got any good tips

Cucumbers, anyone got any good tips on which cucumber is best to grow been looking on
    Mr Fothergill’s web site for seeds to grow in the greenhouse, and found these Cucumbers 'Burpless Tasty Green' F1
    As anyone grown these Cucumber 'Burpless Tasty Green' F1 : Mr Fothergill's Seeds United Kingdom
    Smile and the world smiles with you

Originally posted by gardenplot View Post
    Cucumbers, anyone got any good tips on which cucumber is best to grow been looking on
    Mr Fothergill’s web site for seeds to grow in the greenhouse, and found these Cucumbers 'Burpless Tasty Green' F1
    As anyone grown these Cucumber 'Burpless Tasty Green' F1 : Mr Fothergill's Seeds United Kingdom
    Never grown one myself yet but peeps here who have grown before are endorsing their trust in the F1 hybrid of cucumbers but you'll notice that they tend to be very expensive with very little seeds quantity. I myself going for Cucumber Marketmore which although isn't an F1 strain, it's an outdoor one as my reason for choosing this variety.

Once you decide on your choice of cucumber, I would read up on cucumber growing tips as you need to be aware of few things.
    Last edited by veg4681; 01-02-2008, 11:20 AM.
    Food for Free

Comment

I've only every grown the outdoor types, (up trellis against a sunny wall which seems to work wonders) but everyone raves about Burpless, so it sounds like a good choice!

Comment

I grew burpless last year, dunno how they tasted coz the slugs didn't tell me - didn't hear them burping though
        Happy Gardening,
        Shirley

Comment

My experience is that Burpless is easy to grow and produces a decent crop of good fruit.

No complaints. I have grown it several times.

Comment

Thank you I’m gonna do the Cucumbers 'Burpless Tasty Green' F1, no room in my garden so will be grow bags in greenhouse.
            Sorry Shirley that the slugs got yours and didn’t even have the decency to tell you how tasty they were ungrateful little beggars.

Comment

i have never tried growing them but my dad grows them every year in his little green house no idea what type but they have been all wierd shaps and sizes(ann sumers would be proud)all he does is sow them in a normal size bucket and water and fed twice a week

Comment

Originally posted by snake the squadie View Post
                i have never tried growing them but my dad grows them every year in his little green house no idea what type but they have been all wierd shaps and sizes(ann sumers would be proud)all he does is sow them in a normal size bucket and water and fed twice a week
                My neighbour grows them too in the their greenhouse and the shapes are all weird and ugly, never uniform so I always imagined that's what you get from the home grown .
                Food for Free

Comment

yep look nothing like in the shop if i took some photos i would make a fortune sending them into fhm,zoo,nuts etc

Comment

Originally posted by snake the squadie View Post
                    yep look nothing like in the shop if i took some photos i would make a fortune sending them into fhm,zoo,nuts etc
                    Maybe that's what they used them for !
                    Food for Free

Comment

i am not getting into that converstion but i have noticed its mainly women that grow them

Comment

well they do tast good

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X