Tomato 'Big Boy'

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomato 'Big Boy'

Any tips if these are nice to grow and taste (Tomato 'Big Boy' F1)
    Smile and the world smiles with you

I grew one once. I bought several individual toms from a garden centre - 30p each - great way to try unknown types. I didn't rate it very highly for flavour.
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Hay that’s a good idea Flummery, will pop down to garden centre and get a mixed variety of tomato plants if any are ready yet.
      That way I can try a few varietys and know what to grow from seed next year.

Comment

If you like any of the varieties you can save seed from that particular tomato so long as it is not an F1 variety, then you will save yourself the price of a packet of seeds.
        I don't however think the garden centre will have them yet as its a little early.
        Let us know how you get on.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Thanks Bramble a good tip, cheers will let you know how i get on

Comment

I think each tomato seed packet can be expensive (over a quid) but you can always try the mixed pack that gives you the chance to try and grow various varieties in one year.

MoreVeg below has at least 2 choices of mixed pack. I know the seeds qty aren't that many but you can always try and save the seeds from harvest.

http://moreveg.net - Items - Tomato
            Food for Free

Comment

I grow Big Boy most years - it's big (no way!) and we enjoy the taste.

The flavour of tomatoes is not just related to the variety but also to its growing conditions (soil, food, water) so sometimes you have little control.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X