No announcement yet.

Good source of vegetable plot supplies?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good source of vegetable plot supplies?

I am currently looking to buy in the following supplies ;

-- Good compost - approx 500kg -(organic and preferably peat-free) for seed and general purpose.
    -- Mypex or comparable woven ground cover for planting through , approx 300mx1.5m
    -- Fleece approx 200mx1.5m
    -- and I fancy one of those 2 wheel push seed sowers

and theres a few other things aswell
    , I could end up getting this stuff from LBS, and they'll offer me free transport up here beside inverness, but just wanted to put it out there to see if anyone had any other suggestions , most of my seeds get bought from tamar organics and i'm also hoping to source a good supply of button mushroom spores.

thanks for your time

Hi GoGreen, welcome to the 'Vine
    I'd probably have suggested LBS - they're my favourites for ground cover, pots, trays etc., but I could be biased as they're only about 5 miles from me!
    There's also NA Kays Kays Discount Garden Supplies - N A Kays Horticulture, although I've never used them I'm sure some of the other Grapes do. Not sure if their Scottish shipping charges are reasonable though...?

Comment

Hi Gogreen
      I'm 35 miles north of Inverness and can recommend LBS - I started a market garden business last year and they were very helpful to me. I bought pots, trays, cell packs etc, fleece, capillary matting, hanging baskets and liners, as well as the sower/seeder you are talking about (which for me is just the dogs dangly bits ) .
      I bought my compost through HIS (Highland Industrial Supplies) but it wasn't organic.
      Not 100% certain about the mushroom spores but I think there is a new business growing mushrooms in tunnels near Strathpeffer - will try and find it for you and see if they would sell you spores.
      If you are looking to buy larger quantities than the average gardener of plotholder, call LBS and ask them for a copy of their Growers Catalogue - slightly different ranges of kit and priced for bulk purchases too.
      If you want anymore info, let me know.
      Rat

British by birth
      Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
      http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...