• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pepper seeds

only 18 plants out of 72 nearly 2 weeks how long do I give

Thanks

Marion

Are they in a heated prop? What type aren't thru yet?

I'd give them at least three weeks, some are very slow to germinate.
    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

It's been 1 week 4 days since sowing 4 of my sweet pepper seeds and 2 of them appears to be popping out soon, maybe tomorrow they will. I do think putting them in the heated propagator (3-4 days ago) has helped a great deal. I understand, anywhere beyond 3 weeks waiting for germination is frustrating as what is happening to my aubergines, getting closer to 3 weeks.

Would it help to soak the pepper and aubergine seeds overnight before sowing. I wished I had done that with aubergines .
      Food for Free

Comment

Are the aubs in the heated prop too? Have a gentle firtle in the compost and check one of the seeds see if there's any sign of life.

Comment

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
          Are the aubs in the heated prop too? Have a gentle firtle in the compost and check one of the seeds see if there's any sign of life.
          Yes the HRM aubergines are in the heated propagator. I did have a gentle poke around to check if the seeds had rotten (as it happens with courgettes and squash) and they seem fine, only a tiny bit bloated. I've poured liberal amount of water down them hoping that would soak them. I would definitely recommend that you soak your aubergine seeds as what Nicky-seeds website is advocating.
          Last edited by veg4681; 01-02-2008, 10:26 AM.
          Food for Free

Comment

I've never soaked our aubergine seeds in many years of growing lots of different sorts of them, they've all germinated fine - yours have probably not been at a hot enough temp to germinate for long enough. Careful with being liberal with watering that you don't over water them.
            Last edited by smallblueplanet; 01-02-2008, 10:40 AM.

Comment

they are in a heated propargator wonder if I have watered to much

Marion

Comment

We've some capillary matting in the bottom of our heated prop, we water that and it stays damp, I think that helps with not watering our seeds/seedlings too much.

There's still time for your chillis.
                Last edited by smallblueplanet; 01-02-2008, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X