fleece?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fleece?

More daft questions, I spose but I will soon hopefully not be so ignorant!

I have dug one bed and covered it with fleece. Am I right in thinking it will warm the soil underneath?
    Will it stop any weeds from re-growing?
    Can moisture get through it? It looks quite condensationy on the top (I've made up a new word! lol)

I don't want to do the wrong thing (we have moved house to follow this dream of veggies and chickens etc), but it seems there is so much to remember and not enough time for the practice!

Thanks, janeyo

hi janeyo your fleece will warm the soil and allow moisture through it wont however stop weeds growing in fact it will encourage them due to the warmth and light. if you wish to prevent weeds you need to cover with light preventing material.
    is spacetime curved or was einstien round the bend

Comment

ok, thanks. Will the weeds come before I can get out to plant anything? Should I alternate between light and dark coverings? Will the dark ones warm it up too?

janeyo

Comment

I use a dark covering to warm the soil until planting, then after planting it's hoe and pull the weeds by hand.
        is spacetime curved or was einstien round the bend

Comment

hi janeyo,

what are you planning to grow in the bed? and maybe we can help a bit more...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X