Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roguelands - seed company or real rogues?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i don't like to be bothered with calculations and custom/import rules so if i keep my US seeds order at £10 including p&p, shouldn't i be alight? what would you say is safe level of threshold before i would get caught out? maybe next year i might try seeds from US.
    Last edited by veg4681; 01-03-2008, 02:49 PM.
    Food for Free

Comment

Ah..

Buggar. I have seeds coming from US costing £11.

Will have to see.
      Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by seasprout View Post

Will have to see.
        Its £18 not £10, that was veg keeping it at £10 to be (very!) safe. I'd have thought £16 would be safe.

Over £18 its very hit and miss anyway - depends whether you want to gamble. I bought a Leatherman Juice for much less than half the cost over here, it wasn't stopped, but was delivered in the post.
        The Parcel Force bloke delivering my US bought binoculars seemed surprised I'd been 'caught out' and was having to pay duty & VAT....but they did come in via courier.
        Last edited by smallblueplanet; 01-03-2008, 05:14 PM.
        To see a world in a grain of sand
        And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Originally posted by seasprout View Post

Will have to see.
          sorry for the confusion, as sbp pointed out, i was being very harsh on the value so as not to give the postal system any leeway of charging me for having my post delivered from the US
          Last edited by veg4681; 01-03-2008, 07:22 PM.
          Food for Free

Comment

Hi,
            Yup, same old story... I ordered some seeds over a month ago and they've still not turned up. When I emailed the company they said the seeds were dispatched the day after I ordered. 4 emails later... no luck. I have not had any response from roguelands directly, just their middleman. I paid via paypal, so I have started a "dispute" to see if I can get my money back that way. Check out- davesgarden.com/products/gwd/c/2621/
            for more angry customers !

Comment

I ordered last year from Roguelands and the seeds turned up in double quick time, I was impressed as I also got 2 packs of free seeds.
              I ordered again this year, but this time it went through seedfest. same situ as others I'm afraid money paid, tracking says despatched but NO seeds!
              I hope they turn up as they had some interesting tomato's

Hg

Comment

What interesting tomatoes are you looking for? I have a lot of theirs.

Do you really grow 'hydro'?

Comment

Hi phreddy

I was getting some yellow brandywine and some white beefsteak toms

Have started a dispute thru paypal today, so hopefully I will get my money back.

Comment

I think I have some white beefsteak from them if you pm me

marion

Comment

Hi, you can add my name to the list of people who have been conned by Roguelands Seeds. I ordered the "50 packets of seeds" for 15 US dollars on 16th Feb 2008. The money was swiftly taken out of my PayPal account. Now it's the 1st week of April and still no seeds. I stupidly tried sending a handful of e-mails to them, but still no reply. Checking on the PayPal website I was informed that PayPal can't refund me the money for some reason. Oh well - next time I guess I'll check forums like this before I get stung again.
                      Last edited by beaky_boko; 07-04-2008, 09:24 AM. Reason: Missed name of rogue traders from posting!

Comment

I don't know the details of this company, but would add to the thread by saying that anything I've ever ordered from the US takes about 6 weeks to arrive in the post ...

I'd also not order my seeds from abroad, unless it was something one-off and special. I want to grow in the UK climate, so surely I should be buying seeds produced for the UK, not the US, where the growing conditions are totally different?
                        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds
                          I don't know the details of this company, but would add to the thread by saying that anything I've ever ordered from the US takes about 6 weeks to arrive in the post ...
                          You've been unlucky then, my stuff has arrived in 1-2 weeks.

Originally posted by Two_Sheds
                          I'd also not order my seeds from abroad, unless it was something one-off and special. I want to grow in the UK climate, so surely I should be buying seeds produced for the UK, not the US, where the growing conditions are totally different?
                          Lots of the seed from the US can be from places other than the US, they sell Italian seed same as over here. The climate in the US has more variety than here, but if you've checked where your veggie will grow/the conditions it will need why does it matter where the seed is from?

In my view the stuff from abroad (not just the US) is often a better price (even with p&p), with more variety and more numerous, than seeds sold in the UK.
                          To see a world in a grain of sand
                          And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

I've raised a dispute thru paypal for my money and so far no reply to that either, next step of the claim starts the 16th April. Its only for a small amount of money, but its my money and I want it back.

Have got the seeds now from Nickys instead

Comment

Originally posted by kittykat8 View Post
                              I think I have some white beefsteak from them if you pm me

marion
                              Thanks for the very kind offer, but Im ok now as Ive got enough tom seeds to last me a while

Comment

Originally posted by T-lady View Post
                                Brief update – I took this up with Rogueland’s payment company who emailed me today to say that Rogueland’s have despatched the goods again. I’m not going to hold my breath but the clock has been reset!

Incidentally, despite a positive snowstorm of emails, Rogueland’s never responded to me at all (some customer service huh?)
                                Last words from me ... I finally demanded a full refund and got it (19th April). Roguelands credit handling company have a pretty good system and, even though I was worried about having gone over the 3 month guarantee time on my credit card, everything has been sorted.

What a shame though. You'd have thought it would have been much easier just to send me my seeds!
                                Last edited by T-lady; 14-05-2008, 04:44 PM.
                                Cheers

T-lady

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X