winter veggies advice please :).

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Momol
    I'm not sure which Spinach it was, lost the label....but that name doesn't ring a bell. it was a Thompson and Morgan variety I do remember. I did sow some more seed, but too late and they've stayed tiny plants over winter, but I'll let them stay there and see what happens.
    And the Mooli, blimey they're enormous, amazing things and you can just leave them till you need them and the black radish (from Real Seeds) again huge things, doing their best to get to football size.
    Sue

Comment

I love Perpetual Spinach, I grow it all year round. Had some for lunch today, with butter, pepper and a poached egg on top.

Comment

Originally posted by Sue View Post
        Momol
        I'm not sure which Spinach it was, lost the label....but that name doesn't ring a bell. it was a Thompson and Morgan variety I do remember. I did sow some more seed, but too late and they've stayed tiny plants over winter, but I'll let them stay there and see what happens.
        And the Mooli, blimey they're enormous, amazing things and you can just leave them till you need them and the black radish (from Real Seeds) again huge things, doing their best to get to football size.
        Sue
        Thanks for your confirmation Sue .
        I heard about the good reference of mooli radish but my raised bed is pretty new and they are not that deep (25cm max, I think), that is why I am going for the round shogoin turnip : Turnip, Shogoin
        due to round it don't need deep bed .

I saw the black winter radish in our local garden centre (they call it black spanish radish)...wow they can grow so big ? perhaps I should get some seeds to try too .
        At the moment I got some zlata radish growing but I was too late in sowing them, the seeds only arrived around late september last year and I sown a couple straight , now they are still small ( my bunny and guinea pig love their leaves though).

Again, thanks Sue.
        I grow, I pick, I eat ...

Comment

Originally posted by Vecten View Post
          I love Perpetual Spinach, I grow it all year round. Had some for lunch today, with butter, pepper and a poached egg on top.
          I still have some 10 rainbow chard growing in our back garden Vecten, but i have to supply lots of green for my furry pet too (a bunny and a guinea pig) and I end up having not enough.
          I grow, I pick, I eat ...

Comment

Momol
            I saw the notes on how long mooli's grow so I put the seedlings in compost bags and they've done well there. The spanish have been in the raised beds.
            And yes, it was perpetual spinach that I've got growing.
            Sue

Comment

Originally posted by momol View Post
              I still have some 10 rainbow chard growing in our back garden Vecten, but i have to supply lots of green for my furry pet too (a bunny and a guinea pig) and I end up having not enough.
              I keep chickens, I try to give them as many greens as I can but when it comes to the spinach I always win.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X