X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Germination rate and temperature

Grapes,

I found these link and think it might be good to know :

Germination tables from Heirloom Seeds - Know when to plant all your vegetables.

Vegetable Seed Germinating Temperatures

Any personal experiece about it ? please share and hope we all benefit from it.

Cheers .
    I grow, I pick, I eat ...

What effect do you think 'fresh' seed has on germination rates and temperatures?

I've sown two pots of two types of petunia seed - one new (have germinated), one older, the older seeds are not thru yet (it may be they won't germinate at all, but they did last year)....how does the freshness/viabilty of seeds affect their germination?
    Last edited by smallblueplanet; 21-02-2008, 12:47 PM.
    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

I can't say exactly SBP but according to my experience, fresh seeds germinate faster. I am using the oriental veg (brassica) as an comparison but as this topic going to be very broad, I dare not to generalize them. I do notice the signifant shortening of time in germinating chili/pepper/aubergine in propagator.

Sorry SBP, I only grow handfull of flowers and haven't grown any petunia. I would love to know what the personal experience of grapes with their seeds germination correlate with temperature and age of the seeds .
      I will have a look in my book (seeds to seeds as it state the age of seeds viability, I think).
      I grow, I pick, I eat ...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X