Sugar snap peas - losing the plot??

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sugar snap peas - losing the plot??

Ok, maybe going daft here so bear with me.

In the last issue of GYO I'm sure there was a bit of editorial referring to a Mr Fothergills sugar snap pea that grows to approx 5ft high... any ideas anyone? I've looked at Mr F's site but can't find anything close

So who's losing the plot, me or GYO?
    My Blog is here.../

not sugar snap

Victoriana sell huge packets of Victorian Climbing peas and these were mentioned on here the other day but not sure about Sugar snap

Comment

Originally posted by Herbgardener View Post
      Ok, maybe going daft here so bear with me.

In the last issue of GYO I'm sure there was a bit of editorial referring to a Mr Fothergills sugar snap pea that grows to approx 5ft high... any ideas anyone? I've looked at Mr F's site but can't find anything close

So who's losing the plot, me or GYO?
      I purchased some Sugar Snap peas for £1.29 from Wilkinsons (a well-kmown store also known as Wilko). I planted these by making a 4 inch trench about 1.5 inches deep and then just scattering the peas in the trench. I covered them over and they all germinated and grew prolifically up the nets I had provided for support. They have grown to at least 5 feet in height and there are masses of flowers and pods and I am going to start harvesting some today (Juy 28th 08) There are still loads of flowers on the vines ready to become peas. Les

Comment

I planted an unknown variety and the pack said they would grow to 1.2meters, they have now grow beyond the 1.5 meter supports I put in and are bent over and approximately 7ft long + still growing. They taste great, I’ve been picking a couple of handfuls twice a week for the last 3 weeks. Should I have pinched the tips off long ago?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X