peppers latest sowing dates

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peppers latest sowing dates

I wanted to order some seeds from america, some tawny port ones plus others, what is the latest date I can sow and get a good crop, will be grown in tunnel. I cannot order for 10 days as I lost my debit card yesterday and had to cancel and reorder, and them seeds will take about 2 to 3 weeks to come. say seeds arive 2 to 3rd week in april, is it to late. I could order from this country but the seeds are very expensive

marion

I'd have thought you'd have been fine, we sowed some chilli peppers on 27th April, we got some fruit from them, but they weren't well looked after and were in pots. If you can give the seedlings light and heat straight away in the tunnel I'd think they'll go really well - anyway we only did one seed of each as an experiment to see what they were like. If you thought it was too late you could do the same?
    Last edited by smallblueplanet; 10-03-2008, 07:58 AM.
    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

I've sown bush chillis (Apache) in May before... I couldn't decide whether to do them or not! They cropped fine, just a bit later, and kept going until I got sick of them in December!!

Comment

Started mine late last year and they did great in my pollytunnel, the cheyennes did especially well.

Cheers Chris

Beware Greeks bearing gifts, or have you already got a wooden horse?... hehe.

Comment

we usually have a full chilli with the works on Christmas day; and use chillis and peppers from our various home grown plants; and we don't have a greenhouse or tunnel. Xmas 2006; we grew them on a balcony in nottingham, and they were fine.

If you sow them straight away and keep them in a tunnel, they will probably overtake many that are sown now.

Comment

Originally posted by kittykat8 View Post
            I wanted to order some seeds from america, some tawny port ones plus others, what is the latest date I can sow and get a good crop, will be grown in tunnel. I cannot order for 10 days as I lost my debit card yesterday and had to cancel and reorder, and them seeds will take about 2 to 3 weeks to come. say seeds arive 2 to 3rd week in april, is it to late. I could order from this country but the seeds are very expensive

marion
            Surely you don't want more pepper seeds ! I thought you already have 28-30 odd variety of peppers. How much more expensive are the seeds in UK compared to US? Besides there's always next year .
            Food for Free

Comment

not quite that many varity, just that many plants I am not going to buy until next year, have come to my senses

marion

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X