Newbies - buy this !

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbies - buy this !

To all newbies (and oldies, come to that)
    If you only buy one book on veg gardening, buy this one. The best couple of quid you'll ever spend. It's not a glossy lifestyle coffee-table book, to be sure, but it will answer a lot of your basic HOW/WHEN/WHAT/WHERE questions. You can log onto the Grapevine for your WHY? questions
    eBay.co.uk - vegetable expert, vegetable expert Books, Comics Magazines, Non-Fiction Books items at low prices

(I listed eBay cos amazon are out of stock. Its available at all major book retailers too I imagine )
    Last edited by Two_Sheds; 17-03-2008, 10:15 AM.
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Never really read it, don't like the 'Expert Series', we can't all like the same thing! - Try 'Grow Your Own Vegetables' by Joy Larkcom.

Amazon.co.uk: Grow Your Own Vegetables: Joy Larkcom: Books
    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

I love Joy Larkcom's "Organic Salad Garden" book - really inspirational but practical as well. Carol Klein's "Grow Your Own Veg" book (to go with the BBC series) is good too, especially on the topic of growing in a small space, and "The Half-Hour Allotment" has a lot of realistic advice for us full-time employees/part-time allotmenteers!

Amazon.co.uk: Grow Your Own Veg (Rhs): Carol Klein,Royal Horticultural Society: Books

Amazon.co.uk: The Half-hour Allotment (Royal Horticultural Society): Lia Leendertz: Books

Of course, they all cost a good deal more than the "Expert" book

Comment

Readers Digest Books are really good reference books, if a little dated. I have The Gardening Year, The Cookery Year. They're not light reading, but the sort of books you can dip into for information.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
          To all newbies (and oldies, come to that)
          If you only buy one book on veg gardening, buy this one. The best couple of quid you'll ever spend. It's not a glossy lifestyle coffee-table book, to be sure, but it will answer a lot of your basic HOW/WHEN/WHAT/WHERE questions. You can log onto the Grapevine for your WHY? questions
          eBay.co.uk - vegetable expert, vegetable expert Books, Comics Magazines, Non-Fiction Books items at low prices

(I listed eBay cos amazon are out of stock. Its available at all major book retailers too I imagine )
          TOTALLY agree, I bought about a dozen books last year and found this one the easiest to mentally digest, Minty
          " If it tastes like chicken THEN EAT CHICKEN " :- Kermit The Frog

http://mohicans-allotment.blogspot.com/

Comment

If you can find it, Christopher Lloyd's 'Gardener Cook' is one of the best books ever written about GYO. He was a man who knew how to grow veg and was (in MHO) the best garden writer of all time.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X