No announcement yet.

cabbage white spray.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have ants in the greenhouse,after google searches last year i,got this tip, dry SEMOLINA,apparently the workers take it to the nest where the queen bee eats,as connot digest it she explodes,so no more workers,and yes it did work,if they come back repeat,you will gradualy notice a big decline in the amount of the little ******,this option is also safe where children and animals are,i use a small lid.
    think i read somewhere that ants can do good in a garden,as they eat the green fly?
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
      think i read somewhere that ants can do good in a garden,as they eat the green fly?
      Ants don't eat greenfly, they "milk" them for honeydew (basically a sweet secretion made from the sap that the greenfly are sucking out of your plants), and may defend their "cattle" from predators - not very beneficial!

Comment

Originally posted by Paulottie View Post
        well the darwinist in me thinks that if your stupid enough to eat it?snort it at the lottie BBQ you'll be doing the planet's bloodline a favour.
        Haha - love it
        1 pony, 1 dog, 2 geese, 20-odd wild ducks, a friendly pheasant, chooks, 3 veg plots (in the garden), a polytunnel, 2 kids, and the OH

Am i mad?

Comment

try coffee for the ants they hate it
          my plot march 2013http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvzqRS0_hbQ

hindsight is a wonderful thing but foresight is a whole lot better

Comment

I heard somewhere that you can do the same with garlic and spray with that and they don't like the smell perhaps abit nicer than rotten rhubarb!!

Comment

Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
              I have ants in the greenhouse,after google searches last year i,got this tip, dry SEMOLINA,apparently the workers take it to the nest where the queen bee eats,as connot digest it she explodes,
              Love the Idea of exploding ants Ill give it a go
              Some things in their natural state have the most VIVID colors
              Dobby

Comment

SORRY,got 2 things down wrong on my post ,not queen bee,but queen ANT,the one that provides the nest with all the workers,and secondly i meant to have put BLACK fly,think it had something to do with the late hour
                this morning found an ant on the hall carpet thought they only came out in hot weather,the forcast is snow for sunday,ti's so confusing,
                thought i had better correct myself,before i got into hot water,for exploding the main supplier of the garden pollenators
                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X