Have i taken some bad advice???

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have i taken some bad advice???

I asked a friend of mine about how to easy it was too grow salad leaves and was told plant them straight into a grow bag, (straight out of the packet) and put them outside now, im starting worry that i should of germinated them first on a windowsill, or at least put them under a polytunnel and not just left to the elements!!
    Can anyone help??

Life isnt about surviving the storm.....But learning to dance in the rain.

Well I normally start them in a coldframe this time of year, but I think they will grow outside in a sheltered spot. A growbag is a nice way of doing it.
    Lettuces are supposed to dislike being transplanted so planting them where you want them makes sense.
    Overall I'd say good advice but maybe wait next time just cos the weather's so foul at the mo

Comment

Thanks for the advice.
      You may of just saved my work collegues life!!!
      Ha Ha
      Life isnt about surviving the storm.....But learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

With the forecast for the next few days being pretty awful I'd try and cover them with fleece or bubblewrap, as they haven't germinated yet even a layer of newspaper would help.
        Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X