Going Away - how do you manage?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going Away - how do you manage?

We'll be away for 2 days at least and wondering what to do with my seedlings from the unheated greenhouse. Lately temperature has been dropping to 1 even in the daytime so I'm thinking of keeping them indoors (by the window) during my absence, can't hurt too much can it?

How do you manage yours, what measures do you normally take? If the vegetables are fully grown (& flowering hanging basket), I get my neighbour to water them.
    Food for Free

I use capillary matting and put a resevoir of water at the end it usually last 3 or 4 days

Cheers Chris

Beware Greeks bearing gifts, or have you already got a wooden horse?... hehe.

Comment

Yeah me too... just been away for 5 days and capillary matting worked a treat with my seedlings.
      pjh75

We sow the seed, nature grows the seed, we eat the seed. (Neil, The Young Ones)

http://producebypaula.blogspot.com/

Comment

They sell it in focus I think it is £7.99 for 2m x 0.6m and its called 'water wick' any decent sized container will do at the end of it and all you do is put a piece of it into the water container and it sucks it up as it needs it.

Beware Greeks bearing gifts, or have you already got a wooden horse?... hehe.

Comment

I don't think it's just watering that's the problem. Capillary matting is great when you are away and want to be sure the plants are watered. If your problem (like veg4681) is temperature in the day, then I think for 2 days they'll cope by a window indoors. They will all be listing to port so to speak, but turning them and putting them out in the day again when you get back will cure this. It's all you can do really.
          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

i have this trouble every year but i dont buy any thing i just let nature take its corse. i do leave a lot of things on the window sills. but mainly grow things that can look after them selfs. also i plant twice as much as i need so i can accept heavy losses

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X