• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomatoes

Aurora Tomato
    8 Jan sowed in heated prop.
    pricked out and repotted several times
    18 inches tall [measured on Saturday].

Today has lots of flower heads showing - about 1mm wide but they are there.

I Love Tomatoes

Piccy attached

Attached Files
    Last edited by zazen999; 25-03-2008, 10:09 AM.

It's gonna be a while

Comment

Mine are about 16 inches high now, really proud of them, just sorting out greenhouse for them, tried a new variety(for me anyway) called tigrella.
      Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

Wow, I soooooooo want a greenhouse - or even just a heated prop. Am making do with loo roll inners and plastic bags at the mo!! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by allotmentlady View Post
          Mine are about 16 inches high now, really proud of them, just sorting out greenhouse for them, tried a new variety(for me anyway) called tigrella.
          Im trying them as well this year

Beware Greeks bearing gifts, or have you already got a wooden horse?... hehe.

Comment

This has been on my kitchen windowsill - no greenhouse yet for me!

I know it's gonna be a while but the first tom flowers of the year are always so exciting!!!

I'll get my coat...

Comment

Cheap (heated) propogator. I used to use before I came posh lol, an old fish box, get em at any chippy with lid, fill with soil, moisten, then put lid back on and leave in any room, the heat builds up and seeds germinate pretty quickly.

Just an idea!
              Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

Excellent idea and heres me with a fishmonger for a friend, why didnt I think of that..

Beware Greeks bearing gifts, or have you already got a wooden horse?... hehe.

Comment

novice i started off buying two plastic greenhouses last year before i got my polycard green house,they really do work,they must have sun i make sure you have an fleece covering as well to put over them when frost is forecast
                  joanne geldard

Comment

Update on the tomato [sorry, but it's a horrid day and I can't go out and garden, so I need something to hang onto]

tomato now huge, with at least 10 inch big toms

Probably a small piccie as taken with my phone [my proper camera has a pinhole attachment at the moment as it's world pinhole photograph day next Saturday]; but anyway...
                    Attached Files

Comment

I've grown tigrella 3 years running now. We love the flavour, and they are earlier than some others as well. Last year my Mum and sister decided they liked them too, so we shared the seeds around. They cropped really well too, the plants had so much fruit on them that they broke their supports when I was on holiday, and the plant sitter didn't know what to do. I planted this years plants into their final pots today, they were also planted mid Jan, and have small flower buds showing. The sunburst ones (yellow that I grow for OH) are as big, but no flowers yet.
                      I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
                      Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X