new plants.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new plants.

hiya i have been to shops today and come home with dwarf beans and courgette i hope these are going to be easy to grow cannot believe how addicting this is hubby thinks i have gone mad...He is a gardener but does not agree with me growing veg so come here for advice hopefully will prove i can do this especially as he bought dwarf beans last year for a customer and nothing came of them so hopefully i can make them work for me...lol
    take care Loux

Good for you lou. Dwarf beans will do well in a big container but they are frost sensitive , so keep them under cover til frost is past or wrap them up in fleece - worked for me.
    Courgettes won't stand frost likewise and like to be cosseted in the beginning - but once they get going will do you proud. They like to be well fed so give them plenty.Good luck with the project.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

thankyou for your help what do you think i should feed them i have got them on the kitchen window at the moment until it warms up a bit...

thanks loux

Comment

Feeding isn't compulsory at this stage (small plants?). Wait till they're bigger when they start to flower etc.
        Food for Free

Comment

what do you think i should feed them
          As veg4681 said, wait til they is a bit bigger before you feed them. Should be enough in the seed and compost to keep em going for a bit.

When you are ready to feed; Tomato feed? Seaweed Juice? That is what mine'll be getting. They only had tommy food last year and they did good.
          Excuse me, could we have an eel? You've got eels down your leg.

Comment

Go for it or should that be grow for it? Either way you have chosen 2 great, pretty easy veg for starters, and grown well each give you a big harvest. Enjoy.
            Denise xox

Learn from the mistakes of others because you'll never live long enough to make them all yourself.
            -- Alfred E. Neumann
            http://denise-growingmyown.blogspot.com//

Comment

thankyou cannot wait to see them start to produce veg
              loux

Comment

does your hubby realise he could eatsome of his flowers so try and grow some edible ones and he might help dig lol
                why not email me for recipe ideas they are all welcome email at thecookingwizard@yahoo.co.uk

Comment

hahaha i dont think he will help somehow and i would not want him to to be honest i want to say i did it..lol
                  loux

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X