Who's Planted Out What?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by veg4681 View Post
    (our last expected frost where I am is 1st week of May).
    How do I find out when my last expected frost will be?
    Cheers

T-lady

Comment

Originally posted by T-lady View Post
      How do I find out when my last expected frost will be?
      Have a look here...

First and last frost dates for towns and cities in the UK and USA
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Cool! "Early May" for the last frost. Some things should be big enough to plant out by then! Until then - only the potatoes are in the ground and stuff that has overwintered. Last year the frost got the first earlies' leaves but this year I will be earthing up as and when I see greenery appearing.
        Last edited by heebiejeebie; 31-03-2008, 04:49 PM.
        You are a child of the universe,
        no less than the trees and the stars;
        you have a right to be here.

Max Ehrmann, Desiderata

blog: http://allyheebiejeebie.blogspot.com/ and my (basic!) page: http://www.allythegardener.co.uk/

Comment

In the ground I have:

Potatoes (today)
          Garlic (overwintered)
          Onions
          Shallots
          Radish in pots
          Herb salad leaves in troughs

In the greenhouse (unheated):
          Runner beans
          Pumpkins

On the windowsills:

Courgettes
          Toms x 2
          Dwarf French beans
          Sweetcorn

plus lots of flowers, sweet peas x 2, sunflowers, cosmos x 2 plus loads more

Going to move a few things round and sow some more seeds tomorrow

Comment

Ooooh.. mine's lat april! Yay!
            1 pony, 1 dog, 2 geese, 20-odd wild ducks, a friendly pheasant, chooks, 3 veg plots (in the garden), a polytunnel, 2 kids, and the OH

Am i mad?

Comment

Garlic, Onions, Shallots, Parsnip, Carrots and Strawberries planted in the garden plot and got loads in the greenhouse waiting to be planted out. (broccoli, cabbage, beetroot, caulis, Peas, leeks)

Tomatoes, peppers, Chillies and Cucumbers in pots kept in house till can be planted on in grow bags in greenhouse. Early potatoes in Old compost bags
              Last edited by gardenplot; 31-03-2008, 06:03 PM.
              Smile and the world smiles with you

Comment

planted potatoes,parsnips,fennel(under cloches)broad beans and borlotti beans outside over weekend.lots of other things in greenhouse and on window cill waiting to go.....just didn't have anymore time left at weekend.Just hope mild weather continues for a bit longer.
                Spiderpig

Comment

I've got:

* garlic and broad beans already in (obviously)
                  * early potatoes (bit more risky, but we're quite warm and dry here in East Anglia)
                  * Early Nantes carrots - sown under cloches in early Feb and all germinated nicely (except a couple of patches where the cloches kept blowing off in the gales!)
                  * Spinach - sown a few days ago
                  * Coriander - just getting its first true leaves (self-seeded)

Lots of other stuff in the conservatory, of course!

Comment

Originally posted by heebiejeebie View Post
                    Cool! "Early May" for the last frost.
                    Don't wanna put down this website but you are quite considerably further south than I am (I'm 35 miles North of Inverness) and it says my last frosts are Early May too !!
                    Rat

British by birth
                    Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
                    http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by sewer rat View Post
                      Don't wanna put down this website but you are quite considerably further south than I am (I'm 35 miles North of Inverness) and it says my last frosts are Early May too !!
                      Really ? Then a revised one down my way must be mid April .
                      Food for Free

Comment

Nothing at all truly outside,

the broad beans & peas are under fleece, and the early spuds, carrots & spinach are in home made cold frames,

As we're right by the ocean we rarely if ever get a frost, its the constant gales along with the never ending rain that do the damage, so everything is protected or totally under cover until at least early may.

Lots of stuff coming along on the window sills & homemade greenhouse!

KC
                        Jiving on down to the beach to see the blue and the gray, seems to be all and it's rosy-it's a beautiful day!

Comment

Outside: Broad beans (under cloche)
                          Planting out this week: Spuds & Onion sets

Inside: Caulis, Sprouts, Turnips & Parsnips (in loo rolls).

Working all this weekend...Stock checking

Comment

Originally posted by sewer rat View Post
                            I noticed this too and assumed the site was giving a generalised UK date rather than any info on local microclimates (I checked Dundee too since I used to live there). But last year I planted my tatties on 4th April and the first green tips got frosted so there must have been a frost at the end of April/beginning of May.
                            Last edited by heebiejeebie; 01-04-2008, 06:45 AM.
                            You are a child of the universe,
                            no less than the trees and the stars;
                            you have a right to be here.

Max Ehrmann, Desiderata

blog: http://allyheebiejeebie.blogspot.com/ and my (basic!) page: http://www.allythegardener.co.uk/

Comment

All we have out is winter onions, garlic and new strawberry plants, do you think it is too early for shallots?
                              Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

Beware of nature it has a habbit of biting your bum ,
                                Many years ago in the early sixties i was on holiday in Weymouth in the second week in june .
                                I awoke one morning with the sun shining wall to wall the field next to the campsite was baled hay and a very white FROST all over the bales so be aware they can come as late as june jacob
                                What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
                                Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X