No announcement yet.

Who's Planted Out What?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing outside yet, frost is forecast for this coming Saturday -1c and strong northerly winds!!!

Tomatoes just germinating indoors
    Early PSB, Autumn GSB, Broad beans, Sugar Snaps, Carrots, Shallots (seeds), Globe Artichoke all sown last week in unheated G/House.
    Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs!
    Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result

Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins

Comment

Ive had my Garlic in over winter.
      Tatties went in about 2 weeks ago, but are hiding in the porch at the mo but are coming up!
      Planted peas and carrots yesterday shallots and spring onions been in a week or so.
      Some spinach & salad went out under cover outside yesterday
      In the wings- flowers, salad, spinach, rocket, toms, chillis, jalapenos, peppers, cucumbers, herbs, strawbs.
      So much more to go at but run out of space!!
      I have no idea what im doin!

Comment

Luckily i live in south Devon and last weekend i put in mangetout and carrot, My spuds went in the week before ( Earlie's Maris bard ) broad-beans went in last November and are doing really well also got cabbages, onions red and white, shallots, strawberries, blackcurrant, gooseberry fruit given to me from other peoples cuttings. All so far so good !!! keeping fingers crossed.
        In plastic greenhouse i have got sweet-peas, toms, lettuce, peppers, beetroot all year cauliflower.
        Time will tell !!!
        Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
        and ends with backache

Comment

MY LAST FROST DATE IS LATE APRIL SO ROLL ON!!!!!!

I only have my strawberrys that i put in last autumn and my onion sets i put in yesterday.

I am currently digging over my beds one at a time.

I have got in the greenhouse:

Iceberg Lettuce (sprouted)
          Sunflowers (sprouted)
          Sweet Peas (growing)
          Range of Herbs (growing)
          B.Sprouts (1 lot sprouted other lot growing)
          Parsnips (waiting to sprout)
          Leeks (waiting to sprout)
          40 Tomatoes (on windowsill sprouting)
          15 pepper plants (on windowsill sprouting)
          Range of chilli plants (growing on windowsill)

I have got peas to do in plug trays as well as some more lettuce and my cabbages need planting in cell trays.

Happy growing!
          All vehicles now running 100% biodiesel...
          For a cleaner, greener future!

Comment

Apparently our last expected frost date is late March, so it's all done and dusted!

It's my parents wedding anniversary today and it snowed the day they got married (in Lancashire).

Anyway, outside I've got : onions, garlic, carrots, beetroot, spring onions, various salad leaves and potatoes just gone out yesterday.

inside I've got : cabbage, cauli, tomatoes and peas.

Everything outside is doing beautifully at the moment, so fingers crossed.

Comment

I've got PSB tht I'm still waiting to sprout, sown last year.
              This year: first toms have gone into plastic greenhouse thing, other toms on windowsills in case, along with chilli's and peppers.
              Sown recently Leeks, climbing beans, mixed salad in a lined wooden bulb box, radish, herb wheel in an old BBQ - corriander, american land cress, chives all showing from seed.
              Early pot in large pot just coming through despite eathing up, have to keep an eye on that in case of frosts, peas sown 1st March but no sign of them, think they are dead!!
              Finally carrot early nantes through and need to be thinned out.

Oh and sweetcorn too, and a climbing courgette. When you type itall out like that it's a bit scary for the 1st April...
              si'sraisedbed

Comment

Sounds as if the peas are dead allright. Perhaps you over-watered them as they rot quite easily.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

At the allotment, we have planted potatoes, shallots, onion sets, broad beans, carrots and parsnips.We have overwintering garlic. My 7 year old daughter planted strawberries, lavender and a bit of all the above on her mini plot. Inside the house we have pots, propagators, mini greenhouses etc with all kinds in, squash, celeriac, sweetcorn, cauliflower, and loads of flowers for a potential cut flower garden. My kids have planted most of these. We harvested the rest of the tuscan kale(delicious!) which was starting to flower and fed it to the guinea pigs (Vader and Stitch)

Comment

Hi there enthusiasts! I'm dying to put out some chitted potatos in pots. It's lovely and warm today and tomorrow in London but looks pretty cold over weekend. Do you think spuds will be OK in large planters as they won't have any growth on them or shall I wait until cold snap has passed. Seems a shame to waste these two lovely soil-warming days!

fran

Comment

Originally posted by fran View Post
                      Hi there enthusiasts! I'm dying to put out some chitted potatos in pots. It's lovely and warm today and tomorrow in London but looks pretty cold over weekend. Do you think spuds will be OK in large planters as they won't have any growth on them or shall I wait until cold snap has passed. Seems a shame to waste these two lovely soil-warming days!

fran
                      Same here but I planted mine in DIY buckets only yesterday but do be aware that this weekend, the temperature is heading for -1. If you plant them now, you must make sure to protect them even in the greenhouse, put them higher level (on bench, staging), not ground, cover with fleece (double the layer if you want), bubblewrap the pot etc or even take them indoors. I'm lazy, I just move the spud pots to the coal shed (brick building) in the evening.
                      Last edited by veg4681; 03-04-2008, 10:35 AM.
                      Food for Free

Comment

Hi I've only joined the vine today (got tired of all my failed attempts at gardening). I did sow a few seeds in pots last week tho
                        carrots
                        radish - some sprouted. Still waiting on the rest
                        spring onion
                        butternut squash - sprouted
                        pumpkin
                        lettuce
                        2nd early spuds

Also sown some herb seeds today - first time ever!
                        parsley
                        mint
                        basil
                        rocket
                        coriander

hopefully, I haven't been to keen, only to lose it all prematurally.
                        Last edited by delnel; 03-04-2008, 08:30 PM.

Comment

only managed to get my spuds out side, hoping to get the seeds sown tomorrow in the greenhouse
                          1 toms
                          2 cucumbers
                          3 onions
                          4 cabbage
                          5 beetroot
                          6 spring onion
                          7 sweetcorn

Comment

Hmmm planting out time up here is June (no fancy website, there's just no point!)

So I've just tentatively sown (on Tuesday) a few broad beans and peas and they are covered in the greenhouse. I might get a bit more sown this weekend, but I see the temperature in the greenhouse has dropped to 1 degree tonight.
                            ~
                            Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
                            ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

I've just managed to plant out first and second early potatoes, and some onion sets. I hope I'm not to early or too late!

Comment

If weather OK tomorrow going to plant out some tatties, then cover 'em in plastic in case of frosts in the short term. Lots of things in the greenhouse, just waiting for weather to behave itself!
                                Thanks Jennie - you give me hope, as I reckon whatever you do must be OK for me!
                                Bernie aka DDL
                                Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X