White cabbage

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White cabbage

I would like to grow white cabbage, could someone advise me the best sort to grow.

Thank you
    Danny
    Essex Boys

This is part of the fun - with cabbages and anything new I grow, I generally experiment with 2 or 3 different varieties, not only do you get the different cabbages, but they will probably not all be ready to eat at the same time giving you a longer overall harvest.

I generally pick up some catalogues and/or ask around for varieties that are good for where I live. I tend to grow cabbages most of the year but all mine are green so I can’t help you there.

KC
    Jiving on down to the beach to see the blue and the gray, seems to be all and it's rosy-it's a beautiful day!

Comment

Cabbages are normally classed by when they are ready to eat. Spring cabbages being sown in early summer to be ready for the following May etc. EG. the classic Durham Early. They are great big things that take a long time to heart up but they come good when there is not much else about.

I normally prefer a summer cabbage. Although I will make the first sowing indoors (early) and can often have them ready in 10/12 weeks (also in May to June.) Successive sowings will take you through the summer but I find that there are many other veg available and that the butterflies are too active after June. Still they are worth trying now. The one I'd recommend as probably the whitest is 'Golden Acre'. Although you could consider the pointy 'Hispi or 'Greyhound' as good choises.

Comment

great info

Thanks mate,I will check them out

Essex Boys

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X