No announcement yet.

Exotic bean mix?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember school dinners! When we had baked beans they made their own which wern't exactly like heinz baked beans so we didn't like em. In retrospect, they wern't too bad and were deffo baked beans.

You must be able to buy the dried version for cooking and if there's a dried version, there you have it, loads of seeds and cheap as chips!
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

If there isn't any in regular supermarkets, how about health food shops like Holland and Barrett?
      My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

i shall go on a baked bean hunt next time i'm out and about, actually h&B is better than supermarkets, cos theres one in town, i gotta make a special trip for the big shops ...... if not i'll just bury a tin and wait
        Last edited by lynda66; 25-01-2009, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Hi
          to add my bit, peabeans - grown like runner beans are multicoloured so def not the baked bean type. Very productive and easy to grow tho.
          I'm trying Runner Bean Czar this year (from D T Brown) as these are supposed to produce white butterbean seed.
          Borlotti beans can be both dwarf and climbers
          Climbing bean Hunter produces a good white bean, easy to grow and got a good crop even with last year's dismal weather.
          and according to DT Brown, Climbing bean Blue Lake produces a "good haricot bean".
          Have found Marrowfat peas (Marshalls) this year so I'm going to give these a go as well and also Alderman climbing peas to see if I can get more produce from a smaller space.

I made some very tasty "baked beans" in the slow cooker with Hunter beans.

Sue

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X