X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiny Peppers

Hi

Advice please.

I sowed my peppers (Long Green Buddha and Nardello) 6 February. They germinated 23 February. They are now only 1 inch high with 4 leaves. Is this normal?

Tracey
    Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.

Michael Pollan

i sowed Californian Wonder on the 2nd Feb in a heated prop.

Germinated 20th Feb.

Now 3inch high with 8 leaves

Comment

Where have you got them? If its not warm and light then they won't be growing very quickly.
      To see a world in a grain of sand
      And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

I've got them on a south facing windowsill in a warm bedroom.

Michael Pollan

Comment

Should be warm & light enough - what type of compost are they in? Ours hate the multi-purpose we foolishly sowed them in and it stunted the growth of some of our seedlings.
          To see a world in a grain of sand
          And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

John Innes seed compost. Do you think they may need a feed to spur them on?

Michael Pollan

Comment

you shouldn't need to feed seedlings - the compost is specifically enriched and when you pot them on, they'll be in new compost - it's probably just the weather...it's not been that sunny. I bet you see them get a real spurt on in the next couple of weeks.

Comment

On my seed packet it says feed once a week with a dilute strength fertilizer once to two true leave appear, check out the chileman thread.

Comment

These are two of my Thai Dragon sown in Jan kept on a heat pad fed once a week, moved into the next size pot into compost with a little Q4 added the plant on the left is 7 inches tall.
                  Attached Files

Comment

wot about potash,i've been told that this is good for peppers. If so when do youbegin to use it
                    cheers H

Comment

Great looking chillies PaulW.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Mine are still very small too, the ones that survived.
                        Hopefully they will grow better now its "maybe" gonna be warmer.

Comment

mine have been hopeless so far as well.. think its just the dodgy weather

Comment

My peppers are so pathetic, nothing like Paul's. I've given them a very diluted feed of tomato fertiliser to see if they pick up. If this doesn't work I may have to buy a pepper plant as I really want to grow them this year.

Michael Pollan

Comment

Originally posted by PAULW View Post
                              These are two of my Thai Dragon sown in Jan kept on a heat pad fed once a week, moved into the next size pot into compost with a little Q4 added the plant on the left is 7 inches tall.
                              Mine are nowhere near as big as this... sowed on 20th Jan and took about a month to germinate. I fed them yesterday with a general organic feed and they looked taller today, but I think that might be in my mind - am hoping that the nice weather (when it arrives properly) will speed them up a bit.
                              pjh75

We sow the seed, nature grows the seed, we eat the seed. (Neil, The Young Ones)

http://producebypaula.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X