No announcement yet.

Tiny Peppers

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sowed 1st lot of peppers 6th Feb which are now tiny with some still with 2 leaves and 2 with 4. I then sowed the same pepper seed with the same soil, in the same pots and on the same windowsill 3 March and they're now twice as big as the earlier ones. I think that this means that it's a false start prematurely sowing?
    Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.

Michael Pollan

Comment

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
      Should be warm & light enough - what type of compost are they in? Ours hate the multi-purpose we foolishly sowed them in and it stunted the growth of some of our seedlings.
      Oh bugger, i've just sowed mine in multi-purpose

Comment

Ours was New Horizons peat free - its awful for seeds and small seedlings. It gets a crust on top very easily and seeds/seedlings can't root thru it. Its also difficult to keep wet as the top crusts up.... I'll not use it again for seeds or seedlings.
        To see a world in a grain of sand
        And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
          Ours was New Horizons peat free - its awful for seeds and small seedlings. It gets a crust on top very easily and seeds/seedlings can't root thru it. Its also difficult to keep wet as the top crusts up.... I'll not use it again for seeds or seedlings.
          Ah right, i may be ok then. I've got mine from b&q and a good dozen different things have come up in it in the past fortnight, so fingers crossed

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X