X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sowing Tomato seeds.........

Is it too late now to sow more seeds?

Thanks all.
    Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs!
    Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result

Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins

No, it's not too late.

Comment

I hope not - I'm going to be starting most of my 'from-seed' stuff this week.

My only project this year has been starting some gojis which are now at the 4 leaf stage - glows with satisfaction - from recovered seed from a supermarket pack for eating.

Comment

I've got a couple of seeds arriving in the post from another grape, so I'll be sowing at the weekend too!

Comment

And my mains and late storage toms aren't anywhere near soil yet.

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll order some more then!
            Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs!
            Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result

Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins

Comment

I'm sowing some tom seeds tonight, that I got giv from some lovely grape peeps - you know who you are and I thank you and look forward to yummy toms ... never grown them from seed so but it'll be a mini adventure so
              Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

You'll get the bug Sue - this time next year you'll be posting a message with how many varieties (and what colour) you're growing!
                Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

No gal..go for it...I see you are close to my hometown of Peterborough..I now live in Spain where tomatoes grow wonderfully...I am growing Kohlrabi for the first time but now that it has grown its true leaves I don't know if I have to transplant it or not..can you advise at all...best Wishes...Kayfrances

Comment

Growing Kohlrabi

Hi Guys...I need some help with my Kohlrabi...I sowed the seed in a large plant pot and they now have their true leaves...the question I need answered is..do I now transplant them...Hello to all from Southern Spain

Comment

Flum - I dont know whether I'm looking forward to that or not
                      Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Originally posted by kayfrances View Post
                        Hi Guys...I need some help with my Kohlrabi...I sowed the seed in a large plant pot and they now have their true leaves...the question I need answered is..do I now transplant them...Hello to all from Southern Spain
                        Plant them out - but be prepared to defend them from slugs and pigeons if you have them in your area. They are worth it though - one of my favourite veg. I've got a tray of them hardening off right now.
                        Last edited by Flummery; 18-04-2008, 09:32 AM.

Comment

So've I Fummery. I'm hoping to plant them out this weekend. How do you cook them?
                          Cheers

T-lady

Comment

I like them cut in julienne strips and stir fried, I like them cut up the same but eaten with mayo like a coleslaw. I can eat them boiled but it seems a shame. I just love the flavour.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X