Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Help Please! Title of Your Thread

Could I ask please

..........(and this is for old and new members!) ..........

that you take care when giving your thread a title. With the increasing number of members, threads and posts, the title of a thread is becoming particularly important.

It is a real shame when threads are given the title "Silly question" or "Advice Please" when they are a very relevant question about a particular veg or flower and which others might pick up and provide an answer or learn from.

We are getting rather a number of duplicate subject threads and whilst we have tried to merge some, it is taking quite a bit of time and of course takes us moderators (grape members) away from having time to take part in the discussion.

So please, think about your thread and give it a title that will help others pick up on it.

Thank you!!
    Last edited by JennieAtkinson; 17-04-2008, 12:53 PM.
    ~
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
    ~ Mary Kay Ash

May I also take this opportunity to add on the subject of 'silly question' please?

Many years ago as a green and callow young recruit to the world of computing and accounting my boss then took a chance on me that I would learn on-the-job - a chance not given to many these days without a degree of some kind.

One bit of advice that rang true then was that the most 'stupid' question you could ask was the one you 'didn't ask'. This was advice I passed on to all my users when they first sat down with me over the years for one-on-one training together with the little gem that I once sat where they did. This put them at their ease and made the whole job a lot easier - questions flowed and answers given or found - result happy users and happy analyst/programmer. Believe me that the definintion of an 'expert' in that world often meant someone who had read the page of a manual you hadn't yet reached!

So, ladies, gents and children (?) - I've found the peeps on the Vine very helpful and only too glad to impart knowlege and suggestions and sometimes gifts of seed etc - so just ask away - I have - with those 'daft' questions - but don't let on how 'daft'!

Simply enjoy a lovely forum which is as safe as any I've found where offence, if any, is at the lowest and generally humrous of levels, where all can come and take part regardless of age etc.
    Last edited by quark1; 17-04-2008, 01:20 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Totally agree Jennie. There are so many new posts now when you log on (which is good) that it takes a while to trawl through them. I much prefer specific questions or subjects as the title of the thread. Most of the others which you have mentioned I either skip or only give a quick look. May well be missing something interesting, but hey I only have so much time available. I try to log on every day and nowadays always have at least 5 pages of new posts.

Comment

Thanks to you both.

I have never come across any daft question on the Forum, every question asked is very relevant and deserves an answer. I was raising this to ensure that every question is looked at by as many people as possible.
        ~
        Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
        ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Beautifully put Jennie. Roger Roger. Clearance Clarence....!
          The Red Zone - no, enough already! and that really DOES make a huge amount of sense, with the sheer number of peeps on here lately. Well done that Sheila...!
          X

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X