No announcement yet.

what is being sown

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sowed beetroot, PSB, brussels sprouts, sweet pepper and marigolds today. All are out in the mini greenhouse in the garden and I moved the brassicas (calabrese brocolli, bru sprouts, cauliflowers and lots of cabbages) out to the open.

Comment

hi
      yesterday i planted kelvedon wonder plants,in my border and covered with poly tunnel,then i planted lettuce which had been grwoing in the unheated grenhouse into my raised beds sown some mixed leuuce seeds as well put covered with polytunnel,planted a mixture of radishes and leeks in to my raiseds beds and covered with polytunnel.potted on my tomato seedlings which was on my window sill and put them in the unheated greenhouse,checked on them this morning and they are doing fine,planted some beans, peas,cucumbers tomatoes, radish.cabbage,turnip,annual flower seeds in trays,put the toms in the propagator.earthed my radishes up in there trough put them outside from my cold frame.put my potato buckets outside from the unheated greenhouse and earthed them up will keep an eye on them and cover with fleece when frost is forecast.
      joanne geldard

Comment

Wow hawthorns and everyone else!!

You have been busy people - you have all put me to shame!

Note to self......must pull my finger out!!

Comment

Leave your finger where it is. I've just started sowing seeds for everything which will go outside and will continue all week. The soil this far north won't be warm enough to put anything outside until the end of May and it ALWAYS catches up. As a rule of thumb, look at weed seeds. If they haven't started germinating, it's too cold to put your crops out.
          Last edited by Norm; 20-04-2008, 08:05 PM.
          http://norm-foodforthought.blogspot.com/

If it ain't broke, don't fix it and if you ain't going to eat it, don't kill it

Comment

Just got in from the pub where I've spent 2 hours talking to a farmer friend. He isn't even THINKING about putting seeds in for brassicas until the middle of May. He did give me a tip for evading the ravages of carrot root fly. (He's putting carrots in this week) He plants a turnip every 2' and says that as the foliage of the turnip is higher than the carrots, the CRF fly over the top and miss them. He's been growing carrots for 35 years and never had a problem with CRF. Worth a try!
            http://norm-foodforthought.blogspot.com/

If it ain't broke, don't fix it and if you ain't going to eat it, don't kill it

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X