A fleece question!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A fleece question!

I planted out at the weekend and fleeced the onions, raddish and beetroot, now it has been dry for a couple of days and i was wondering about watering??

Shall i water if dry tomorrow? how often do you water at this time of year, i dont want them to dry up and should i uncover during the day and re-cover at night?

To fleece or not to fleece - that is the question??

Cheers

SS

Im Only a newbie myself but i leave uncovered in the day and cover them back up at night, hopefully im doing it right, well my carrots have just started getting tiny seedlings so it cant be all bad!!!
    Life isnt about surviving the storm.....But learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

There are so many variables including soil type,location and local weather conditions that it's quite hard to tell someone when to water.
      I suppose the short answer is, if the plants need it!

In my location at this time of year I usually water plants in and them leave them to there own devices.
      My feelings are that through the addition of manure and the use of heavy mulches I shouldn't need to water at all throughout the growing season if possible!
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X