Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charlotte or Red Duke of York? potato mix-up!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlotte or Red Duke of York? potato mix-up!

I planted out my seed potatoes into buckets a while back - I have 2 buckets of Charlotte potatoes and 2 of Red Duke of York ones. They are all up now, and I noticed today that the labels seem to be a bit mixed up!

I have one type with reddish centres on the leaves and one type where the leaves are all green. Unfortunately I have 1 of each labelled the same, if you see what I mean! Don't quite know how that happened!

I'm assuming that the one with the reddish leaves are going to be the Red Duke of York ones as they are red potatoes and the Charlotte foliage is all green - anyone know if this is right?

I think you're right Busylizzie. I haven't grown Red Duke of York, but the leaves on Charlotte are all green.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

I grew Red Duke of York last year, you do have it right. They have very pretty purple flowers when they come out too.
      Kirsty b xx

Comment

Possibly furtling time methinks!
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

My Red Duke of York are just coming through, and they have red leaves - very attractive actually.

Charlottes are green.
          All at once I hear your voice
          And time just slips away
          Bonnie Raitt

Comment

Great, I will relabel the buckets that are wrong then.

The reddish leaves are very attractive, looking forward to the flowers!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X