when to prune tomatoes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when to prune tomatoes

looked at the label of my tomatoes last night (gardeners delight) and it says that the side shoots should be trimmed. did a bit of a google and saw a few videoas and things showing me what to do and if I understand it right I should be doing this when the flowers/fruits have formed? is this right?my plants are about 2.5 foot high at the moment and can just see flowers maybe starting to form on them. thanks all

You don't so much prune them as pinch out the side shoots whenever they start forming. Basically it's the bits of plant that shoot from between the main stem and the leaves and you can just pinch them out with your finger and thumb before they get going so that the plant doesn't waste it's energy. Basically, when your plant is big enough to produce them, it's time to start doing it.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

pruning

ha ha. I meant pinch out and not prune!!!well same thing really!! at least you know what I meant!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X