No announcement yet.

Over zealous planting

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bit cheeky but you can always ask for your pot back! I stuck labels with my name on the bottom and some of them did make it back to me

I have loads of toms as last year they were rubbish adn this year I was over cautious and got masses. I offered some to my mum and she said she has just ordered some growing ones from a catalogue - Not Impressed!

Will prob take some up to my son's pre-school and either give them away or charge 20p etc and the proceeds can go to the school. They have already had masses of seeds to plant with the children from me. I would have thoguht a local primary school would be very happy to receive a few tom plants etc for their school to grow on.

janeyo

Comment

Thanks Janeyo,

I will do that next time .
      I grow, I pick, I eat ...

Comment

I just had a head count in the greenhouse and counted 43 tomato plants, now I have already given away about 20 plants but I also have another 30 that I have just sown in my heated propagator at home. And then theres all the other veggies that I have sown.

Beware Greeks bearing gifts, or have you already got a wooden horse?... hehe.

Comment

Before I got going this year, I reviewed our needs. How many and of which variety I need to be self sufficient. Also cross referencing it with OH, so I was not growing something the rest of the family will go yuck at.
          I won't achieve my goal this year, but I know I won't have any left over either. I think the best way forward is to either get together with neighbouring plot holders or family to communally buy seed, or to only plant what you need. Seeds at best are only recommended for two years, and I always have leftovers.
          I like the idea of going to the car boot sale with surplus though, I guess it helps pay for the seeds in the first place.
          I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

I have already got 10 tomatoes ready to flower, about 20 of diff varieties in seedlings stage, 10 off sweet peppers, 15 off various chillies, 15 x gooseberries, about 10 each of french beans, peas and sprouts. Will be sowing aubergines, cukes, courgetes, pumpkins, sweetcorn, calabrese, more sprouts, swede, beetroot, radishes, more carrots, fennel and celeriac (somebody stop me, please :-) ) this weekend. I know that I will end up with a lot of surplus, but I like to give things away, so should be popular with neighbours this summer, lol

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X