Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What has everyone planted/going to plant this weekend?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Methinks I've made a bit of progress today. Had a cracking day down at the lottie and planted peas, beans, onions (coz the ones I planted in autumn were killed by the frosts!), swiss chard, white cabbage, courgettes, carrots and beetroot.....phew! I think I may be catching up....but only just!!

What about you?

Bernie aka DDL
    Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Originally posted by dexterdoglancashire View Post
      Methinks I've made a bit of progress today. Had a cracking day down at the lottie and planted peas, beans, onions (coz the ones I planted in autumn were killed by the frosts!), swiss chard, white cabbage, courgettes, carrots and beetroot.....phew! I think I may be catching up....but only just!!

What about you?

Bernie aka DDL
      Sounds like you're way ahead of me Bernie!
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

We've 4 1/2 beds of various spuds in (1st and 2nd Earlies are now showing), a large bed of overwintered garlic and onion, another 2 beds of onion sets (1 x red, 1 x white), about 30 assorted brassicas, broad beans (1st sowing is now flowering), 2 types of dwarf french bean, 2 types of runner bean, 2 types of pea, mange tout, parsnips, 12 courgettes (under fleece) with beetroot and radish catchcropping in the same bed, the greenhouse on plot 1 is planted up (9 toms, 8 chillies, 4 peppers, 2 cuces, 2 aubergines, 6 lettuces) and lots of seedlings in the greenhouse at home growing on nicely!

The 86 Raspberry canes we moved last year seem to be going great guns - as do the strawbs (all 200+ of them) and the goosegogs we moved to a more open position, so hopefully it'll be a good year for fruit too!
        Blessings
        Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
        Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
        Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
        On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

I planted out some cos lettuce seedlings on Friday and fleeced them.

If I get to the garden centre today I'll get more compost and growbags and sow carrots and salad onions in a trough.
          You are a child of the universe,
          no less than the trees and the stars;
          you have a right to be here.

Max Ehrmann, Desiderata

blog: http://allyheebiejeebie.blogspot.com/ and my (basic!) page: http://www.allythegardener.co.uk/

Comment

have had 12 mixed lettuces out since april! they are not even under cloches and they have tripled in size in the last week.is this normal.there is no sign that they are cold the leaves are blemish free.
            joanne geldard

Comment

I might try sowing some carrots outside today. The only thing I have in the beds at the moment are onion sets. I've got a bunch of caulis, cabbage, brocolli, etc in the unheated greenhouse but I think I'll wait another week to put them out. This is my first year gardening so it's a big learning curve.

Comment

Originally posted by JO,JO View Post
                have had 12 mixed lettuces out since april! they are not even under cloches and they have tripled in size in the last week.is this normal.there is no sign that they are cold the leaves are blemish free.
                Dianne, the girl who has the lottie next to mine has planted a few lettuce and they are looking great as well. Bernie aka DDL
                Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X