greenhouse ventilation advice

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• greenhouse ventilation advice

My greenhouse (3mx3m) came with my allotment, fairly knackered, without any ventilation & I've just had it repaired. However, the panes are not standard size (24"x24"); they measure 24 1/4" by 28 1/2". We couldn't put in any automatic opening vents or louvres because they only come in standard sizes only (18"x18" or 24"x24"). There is no manufacturer's name on the greenhouse. I found a Sun Vent 100

Please enable your cookies

and installed that. It puports to extract 25m cubed of air per hour, so I thought that would do it, but I went down there today to find it really hot inside, and some of my lettuce wilted :-( presumably from being too hot, as it recovered after I left the door open.

How can I get some automatic ventilation installed?? Getting down there first & last thing to open and close isn't an option.

I thought about getting a perspex sheet cut to size and then getting the standard size louvre inserted in that.

Any ideas or tips most gratefully received!!

Originally posted by Bluemchen View Post
    My greenhouse (3mx3m) came with my allotment, fairly knackered, without any ventilation & I've just had it repaired. However, the panes are not standard size (24"x24"); they measure 24 1/4" by 28 1/2". We couldn't put in any automatic opening vents or louvres because they only come in standard sizes only (18"x18" or 24"x24"). There is no manufacturer's name on the greenhouse.

How can I get some automatic ventilation installed?? Getting down there first & last thing to open and close isn't an option.

I thought about getting a perspex sheet cut to size and then getting the standard size louvre inserted in that.

Any ideas or tips most gratefully received!!
    one of mine is an imperial size greenhouse too, a real b****er to get glass etc,

the standard louvre into perspex is a good idea but it would have to be strong enough to handle it, I would personally go for a sheet of metal with the correct size cut out, you wont lose too much light and its easier to add some bracing behind it to strenghten against the wind etc
    Kernow rag nevra

Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.
    Bob Dylan

Comment

I would just get an automatic louvre opener from homebase. It is stronger than a window opener and can usually b made to fit any window.
      D

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X