No announcement yet.

my first attempt at celery. oooh errr.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my first attempt at celery. oooh errr.

Have raised a disgustingly healthy batch of celery seedlings.Potted up loadsThey are the variety suitable for trench planting. I think I know what to do but does anyone have any top tips? also has anyone had any measure of success with celery?

Hi
    Yes, celery loves water. So does celeriac it would appear from someone else's post.

I grow celery, even when I didn't plan to [I didn't sow any last year but some seedlings that I thought were carrot grew into celery].

If you plant them in a trench then the watering should help the soil into the trench but as they grow, you do need to keep the soil moving up. Some I believe put loo rolls around them to keep them clean rather than have dirty outside stalks.

Perhaps you could try some trials to see what works best [that's the sort of sad thing I do so ignore me if you think it is bonkers].

I put some seedlings in the ground a few weeks ago but unfortunately a fox/kitten fight happened the other night right by them and I think a few got battered in the melee. The kitten didn't make it sadly.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
    Working...
    X