99p big growbags

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99p big growbags

The Coop is selling nice big growbags for 99p.

will these grow bags keep for next year?

Comment

Can't see why not.... I've never really thought about it before, just kept it as long as needed before opening.

Maybe it does have a shelf life?
      Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

Does anyone use the contents of gro-bags ( at 99p of course) to plant out their beans, courgettes etc, in a nice cocoon of nice earth to help them get started? we have such awful clay soil, I hope it gets them over the shock of being transplanted.. only a handful for each hole..or is it that extravagant?

Comment

Julie,

we also have clay soil and i put compost in the holes, it's much easier for the plants to push up through. If you mix a good handful of perlite/vermiculite in with the compost, it also acts as a marker for where the seed is.

Comment

On the basis of a tip in a thread earlier in the year I bought five cheapies from Somerfield (99p) cut them in half and planted two seed potatoes in each. They are doing great, judging by the leaf growth. Can't wait to tip them out but got another four weeks to go yet.
            ~
            Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
            ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X