No announcement yet.

So many questions!! - Cuce's & runners!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So many questions!! - Cuce's & runners!

My cucumbers are really doing well in the cell trays in the greenhouse and are getting their second leaves now, when do i transplant them to their final destinations? cant find it in my books!

Also, my runners are excellent and not leggy at all, i sowed them into larger pots to begin with and they are loving the greenhouse, i was thinking of planting them out next weekend, does anyone think this is too soon, also, i am gonna use a wigwam (well two) - how many plants to a wigwam?

Thanks so much, without you vines's i wouldnt be smiling now??

SS

Originally posted by squashysu View Post
    My cucumbers are really doing well in the cell trays in the greenhouse and are getting their second leaves now, when do i transplant them to their final destinations? cant find it in my books!
    Not even planted sown mine yet! What sized pots are they in at the moment? Also, are you wanting to grow them in the greenhouse or outside. Far too early for outside and for me I think it's too early for the greenhouse. If they're in small pots then I'd plant on into a larger pot and cosset them a bit more for now.

Originally posted by squashysu View Post
    Also, my runners are excellent and not leggy at all, i sowed them into larger pots to begin with and they are loving the greenhouse, i was thinking of planting them out next weekend, does anyone think this is too soon, also, i am gonna use a wigwam (well two) - how many plants to a wigwam?
    Stupid answer but it depends on how big your wigwam is! Bit early to plant out yet as we could still get a frost but you do have enough time to risk these ones and still plant more. Only put mine in root trainers yesterday so will be a while off planting out yet - tend to do it the second May Bank Holiday, was always a tradition in our house.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

They will suffer if planted out when it is to cold . 2006 was a prime example
      put them out first week of May had some chilly nights , This made them go
      yellow , But they did recover .
      The force is strong in this one!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X