Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help for first time!

Hellow.
    I started growing tomatos a week ago, and I would like toknow when will I see something happen? I meen, when will I notice leaves and things like that?
    And another question: how should I take care of summer squashes?
    Thank you very much.

Hello and welcome! It will probably take 10 - 14 days for your toms to come through. As to summer squashes, don't put them out until you are sure there will not be another frost - usually mid -May to early June. Then give them plenty of water and plenty of room and stand back!
    Last edited by Flummery; 01-05-2008, 11:53 AM. Reason: sp
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Thanks!
      About the squashes, I am planning to put then in a planter, will it be good?
      Thank you again

Comment

I am sorry about the number of questions, but I would like to know: which flower should I grow in the same planter with my toms? I think about Lupins, I really like it. Will it be successful?
        Last edited by N1992; 01-05-2008, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by N1992 View Post
          Thanks!
          About the squashes, I am planning to put then in a planter, will it be good?
          Thank you again
          It will need to be big! They need lots of feed and water and plenty of room. Get the biggest you can.

Comment

Originally posted by N1992 View Post
            I am sorry about the number of questions, but I would like to know: which flower should I grow in the same planter with my toms? I think about Lupins, I really like it. Will it be successful?
            Lupins are (generally speaking) perennials - they come back year after year - so I wouldn't put them in with your toms. I would just use a big round pot per tomato. About 12" across. I wouldn't put anything else in it either - although some people like to put marigolds with them - the French and African types are supposed to deter pests but I don't get any pests on my toms anyway. Also, some of thes can grow VERY big!

If you want lupins in containers, give them one of their own. They also grow big so one per tub again, I think.

Comment

Thanks for help!
              I bougt a container for my squashes, and since the weather in my place is hot I will plant it today, I think. But what do you mean by feeding them?
              Nitzan.

Comment

Tomatoes are hungry plants, and need feeding (high potash) to produce good fruits.

N1992, you say it's hot: can you put your location in your public profile, that will help when giving advice. Cheers!
                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

OK, thanks!
                  By the way, I updated my profile, but I can say it here: I am form Israel, which means hot and long summer.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X