Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice on new grapevine (inside/outside)??

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on new grapevine (inside/outside)??

Hi All,
    I've just took delivery of a seedless grapevine that I intend to plant on my allotment in my 10x8 greenhouse. It's about 3ft tall and looking pretty healthy. I've read (but it was vague and didn't give much detail) that it's best to plant the roots outside and 'train' the vine inside the greenhouse. Has anyone tried this method? and how do I get the vine inside the greenhouse? Do I route it under the greenhouse foundations or cut a hole in the glass (very dodgy). I just can't get my head around how to approach this the best way. Obviously I need to get it right first time, so advice from anyone in the know would be gratefully received.

Regards, Phill.

I have a grape vine. For years it had its feet outside and its head inside and produced very little in the way of fruit. Last year I moved it into a pot 3' across and 2.5' deep and put it inside the greenhouse. It produced more fruit than usual, but not what I had hoped for. This year I gave up counting the bunches of grapes at 45. It just needs to be kept fed and watered. If all goes as well as it is doing so far, I'll be eating grapes by July. (I don't like wine)
    http://norm-foodforthought.blogspot.com/

If it ain't broke, don't fix it and if you ain't going to eat it, don't kill it

Comment

My advice is ignore the feet outside advice, especially if you can plant straight into the ground in your greenhouse my vine is indoors and has a circumference as big as both my hands, it has loads of new growth and it must have at least a couple of hundred bunches forming.

I think the main reason they say plant its feet outside is so that you dont need to water so much.

Beware Greeks bearing gifts, or have you already got a wooden horse?... hehe.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X