Another tomato question!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another tomato question!

My tomatoes (Moneymaker and Tomato Cherry) are between 6" and 9" high in 3" pots. None of them are showing any signs of flowers as yet, should I wait to put them into their final pots or leave them until they flower?

Hi gemlady, don't make the mistake I did last year and leave in pots, I ended up with blossom end rot. I've put my biggest toms in their final place already.
    "I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde."
    Dolly Parton.

Comment

Sounds like they are ready to go in their final pots.
      Mark

Vegetable Kingdom blog

Comment

I wish my toms were like this I planted moneymaker in individual plastic cell trays one seed per pot 40 plus on 15th april and not one shoot yet i have tried to look in one or two cells but nothing that i can see they are in plastic greenhose.
        Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
        and ends with backache

Comment

Gemlady - advice is usually to plant when the first truss is flowering/ setting, but don't worry too much.

If you are planting outside you need to wait until after the last frosts, but there's no reason why you couldn't pot them up and keep them in the greenhouse (if that's where they are).

Remember that they need hardening off before they go outside.

Comment

JackieJ I started these off on 16th Feb (won't being the doing the same thing next year!) so mine have got a good head start on yours They've been in the upstairs windowsill but have put them in greenhouse on good days like today, they will be going in unheated greenhouse not outside, so will probably be OK just have to watch out for sudden frost. Probably put them into last pots sometime in next week then. Thanks.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X