Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yipee first pea flower

hi
    sorry to gush but i have got my first pea flower on my feltham first peas that i put out in april.will there be a pea pod behind the flower?
    joanne geldard

lol, we await the news with baited breath! I'm impressed Jo Jo, coz you're a bit north of me and mine show no signs of flowering yet... Broad beans are well into flower though. Doubtless my brother (who lives on the south coast) is already cropping runner beans grrrr...

I saw a cabbage white yesterday fluttering around, presumably looking for cabbages (not gonna have much luck in my patch yet awhile...) but is Spring approaching?

bb

Comment

Yes, you'll get a pod behind the flower. Or a pea maggot ! (bit early for them yet)

I planted out my peas last week, so flowers should be along soon, if you've got them in Yorkshire already.
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

JOJO,

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with being very proud of what you achieve in your garden, or on your allotment, and never let anyone tell you otherwise, in my humble opinion. I 'coined a phrase' last year, which came from my heart, and I called it my 'SMUG TRUG', which Hazel at the Hill readily took on-board (and others later), but to me, it says what it does on the tin. If you're dead proud of something..... say so, because, if you're like me, you'll be hiding behind a 'not so smug trug' occasionally as well!!!!
        Enjoy your early peas. You're WELL ahead of me, thanks to my Holly Cottage Slugs'n'Snails!
        X

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X