Another question - squashes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another question - squashes

Hi! I planted some squashes, and I start thinking - what to do after the squashes are ready and find their way to my oven? Do I have to cut the roots and everything? or do I have to keep watering it until the next year?
    Thanks, Nitzan.

You cut your squash off and eat it. Compost what's left. It won't regrow next year
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Hi
      You should get quite a few per plant; just in case you were wondering. Don't cut it down after just one has been taken off the plant!

They usually let you know when they are done by either giving you no more fruit, or it frosts and they die.

Comment

Thanks both of you
        I guess its the same with peppers and tomatoes?

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds
          You cut your squash off and eat it. Compost what's left. It won't regrow next year
          Are squash annuals then? N1992 is growing stuff in Israel, so I've no idea of the weather/climate.
          To see a world in a grain of sand
          And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Good point; well spotted!!!

Comment

i think squash of any kind are annuals, regardless of weather they'll not regrow! but I'm happy to be proved wrong
              "A cat sees no good reason why it should obey another animal, even if it does stand on two legs."

Comment

Chilacayote - Perennial Squash - Cornucopia Forum - GardenWeb - this is a link to a perennial squash.

Comment

Thanks everyone! I will tell you my results in the winter

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X