Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• comfrey discovery

hi
    just found out that the mysterious plant that i have been weeding out of my garden for the last 5 years is comfrey

when we bought the house december 2002 it had been rented out,before that an old gent lived all his life in the house anyways

the garden was a tip an not been looked after since the old gentleman had died

i started to get it into order 2003 it was completly covered over with comfrey all 120 ft of it

it took me two weeks to get rid of it
    over the years i have weeded it out. due to a thread today on here i finally know what i have been weeding,and i now know why nothing ever dies in my garden and eveything just grows lol
    joanne geldard

ooooooooo, you lucky thing

Comment

well not so lucky if it becomes a weed. The sought-after sort of comfrey is Russian Bocking 14 - it's sterile so doesn't seed itself everywhere ... it stays where you plant it.
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

We've just discovered that the plant growing all over the patch just a few "doors" down from ours at the city farm is comfrey. Woo-hoo! Think I might see if we can get some of it to grow on our patch too
        Warning: I have a dangerous tendency to act like I know what I'm talking about.

Comment

me thinks the old chap used the comfrey for his veg plot which he rented, apparently been told this by another old gent,he used to go to shows with his veg.
          Last edited by JO,JO; 04-05-2008, 07:44 AM.
          joanne geldard

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X