Dwarf Borlotto Beans

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dwarf Borlotto Beans

Hi, This is the first time I have grown dwarf borlotto beans, please can someone tell me if they need staking and how tall do they usually grow to?

Thanks
    Tracey

I grew some last year - they were about 18" high and a bit floppy. I'm staking them this year.
    You are a child of the universe,
    no less than the trees and the stars;
    you have a right to be here.

Max Ehrmann, Desiderata

blog: http://allyheebiejeebie.blogspot.com/ and my (basic!) page: http://www.allythegardener.co.uk/

Comment

I'm growing them too for the first time. I've grown lots of different dwarf beans and never staked them. I tend to plant them closer together than recommended and they sort of prop each other up. I'll see how they go before I decide to stake though.
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Planted some today - according to the packet, they don't need staking but I'm not convinced so will be having some canes and string handy in case. I'm guessing that the way I give my broadies support using canes at the corners and string round will work OK but as I've not grown them before I'm not sure either. Suppose it depends on how windy it is too - more likely to need to stake if they're in an exposed location.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I stake all of my dwarf french beans, so advise you to do the same, as they can get floppy and the wind can snap them etc etc.....you any spare dwarf borlotto beans? Never grown those b4.
          Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

I haven't allotmentlady - I passed the rest on to my lad.
            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X