Feeding Time?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeding Time?

Hi, this is my first post so apologies if I’m asking things that have already been discussed. I’ve just converted some of my garden into a veg plot the soil is not great, a mixture of top soil and compost (hoping to improve it over time). I have some seedling started (sweetcorn, beetroot, carrots, onions, cucumbers, courgette, herbs). I’m in a mess as to feeding, can anyone advise as to what I use to feed what?

Hi JyoJyo,

Welcome to The Vine!

I'm not 100% but I'd say the only things from that lot that need regular feeding is the Cucumbers and Courgettes once they start to flower, then feed with a Tomato food.
    Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs!
    Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result

Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins

Comment

Originally posted by JyoJyo View Post
      Hi, this is my first post so apologies if I’m asking things that have already been discussed. I’ve just converted some of my garden into a veg plot the soil is not great, a mixture of top soil and compost (hoping to improve it over time). I have some seedling started (sweetcorn, beetroot, carrots, onions, cucumbers, courgette, herbs). I’m in a mess as to feeding, can anyone advise as to what I use to feed what?
      Hi JyoJyo,

The corn will need some manure dug in before you plant and lots and lots of water.

The tomato food will be good on the cucs and courgettes when they start to flower. Nothing for the carrots, they will fork if the soil gets to rich for them. Everything else will be just fine.

Welcome to the vine and enjoy growing!

Mandy

Comment

Thanks – I was at the garden centre the other day and I saw so many varieties of feed and people were buying lots, thought I was missing something vital. For someone like me who doesn’t have allotment neighbours to ask this forum is brill.

Comment

Originally posted by JyoJyo View Post
          Hi JyoJyo...welcome! i'm not an afficionado...however have had no problems with carrots, onions, courgettes and herbs...was toying with the idea of sweetcorn but have decided against it this year. Cucumbers in the greenhouse so fingers crossed! have fun
          "A cat sees no good reason why it should obey another animal, even if it does stand on two legs."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X