Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting unknown seedlings from home compost

Hiya

Whilst weeding my raised bed which had my home compost put on it, I came across quite a pretty, tiny shoot, quite fluffy and pale pink in colour, looked a bit like it was emerging from possibly a peach or nectarine stone, so I popped it in a pot and hey presto...I have no idea what it is or what to do with it. Any ideas?

Also, in my greenhouse, again amongst the home compost I found a sturdy long leaved 'thing'. When I pulled this one out, it was sprouting from what looked like an almond. Potted this one up aswell and again hey presto...I have no idea what to do with it!

Both pictures attached. If anyone can shed any light I would be most grateful.

MrsB x
    Attached Files

They may indeed be what you suspect. I usually just get heaps of borage in mine, especially if I use a bit of compost for mulching that hasn't been completely 'cooked' in the bin.
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I did google almond trees, from what I gather they are quite tricky and need shelter in the winter. I also had a nice word with my 9 inch seedling and feel that this year it will produce me a bumper crop

MrsB x

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X