• Show
Clear All

Oh..and Flum....

Yey....well done you

ENJOY!!!!!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

The woman did good! Well done flum, you've inspired me to have a llitle furtle at least! I have had mine in pots in the greenhouse also and just moved them into my half built greenhouse to harden them off a bit. They have loads of foliage so I'll just have to check up on the 'What I did today' thread to see when I planted them!

PS I've now checked and realised I planted some Winston four days after you Flum so may try a boiling at the weekend!
      Last edited by Snadger; 12-05-2008, 05:00 PM.
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I planted my Arran Pilot potatoes 11 Feb. It's the first time I've grown potatoes, so not sure what to expect. The haulms are over 2ft now. A week ago I couldn't resist pulling one up to have a peek. The potatos are the size of sugar puffs. I thought maybe it's because of the weather we were having and now the sun's shining they should get bigger, hopefully.
        Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.

Michael Pollan

Comment

Auntie Flum... green glow a little to the south? That'd be me

How fab to have your own home grown spuds already!
          I was feeling part of the scenery
          I walked right out of the machinery
          My heart going boom boom boom
          "Hey" he said "Grab your things
          I've come to take you home."

Comment

They look scrummy Flummery. Did they taste good?
            Happy Gardening,
            Shirley

Comment

Fabulous Shirl! I did water them quite a lot actually. Last year I grew some in a bigger pot and when I knocked them out I could see that the compost was quite dry inside though it was damp on the surface. They don't half drink it up! I had a rummage at the weekend and could feel a couple of reasonable sized spuds so I thought I'd have a go. When I knocked them out of the pot I couldn't see any round the edges (where I thought they might be!) Got a bit nervy then, I can tell you. However, there were some fine sized potatoes well inside. Certainly more than Himself and I could manage for our tea, so a few cold ones for later! I'm sure I said this last year but I shall do more next time!
              Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by Stuart14 View Post
                How will I know when to harvest my Spuds?
                Hi Stuart14 - what kind have you got and when / where did you plant them?
                Warning: I have a dangerous tendency to act like I know what I'm talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by brooklynodog View Post
                  I have been having to water mine every day lately because of the heat wave, twice sometimes else they go limp
                  Are they in pots or in open ground? If in pots they need to be somewhere cool now, not in the greenhouse in the blazing sunshine.

Comment

wow they look amazing - can i come for tea please??

Well done, i havent grown any spuds, but now i want to, can i plant any ready for the winter - are they called "lates" as others are called "earlies"??

SS

Comment

Well done Flummery. It's great to have your own early potatoes in May. I've none ready this year (moved house and all that ) but last year I had my own potatoes from buckets from May onwards - and very delicious they were. I plan to have them in May next year. But here's some of last years
                      Attached Files

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Wow.
                        I am so jealous.
                        Not your friend anymore. (unless I beat you to the First Broad Bean!)
                        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by squashysu View Post
                          wow they look amazing - can i come for tea please??

Well done, i havent grown any spuds, but now i want to, can i plant any ready for the winter - are they called "lates" as others are called "earlies"??

SS
                          You normally plant early varieties of spuds, late...........if you see what I mean!
                          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
                            Fabulous Shirl! I did water them quite a lot actually. Last year I grew some in a bigger pot and when I knocked them out I could see that the compost was quite dry inside though it was damp on the surface. They don't half drink it up! I had a rummage at the weekend and could feel a couple of reasonable sized spuds so I thought I'd have a go. When I knocked them out of the pot I couldn't see any round the edges (where I thought they might be!) Got a bit nervy then, I can tell you. However, there were some fine sized potatoes well inside. Certainly more than Himself and I could manage for our tea, so a few cold ones for later! I'm sure I said this last year but I shall do more next time!
                            I have planted single Winston spuds in an 8" pot so hopefully there won't be much compost that doesn't have spuds in it!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

oops not sure know which potatoes i have got, know they are all first earlies though planted in feb,had a rootle round but cannot see anything they are well out of the top of the pot bags.thye all have buds on though yipeee
                              joanne geldard

Comment

Originally posted by Alice View Post
                                Well done Flummery. It's great to have your own early potatoes in May. I've none ready this year (moved house and all that ) but last year I had my own potatoes from buckets from May onwards - and very delicious they were. I plan to have them in May next year. But here's some of last years
                                [ATTACH]4676[/ATTACH]
                                I remember Alice - you were my inspiration to get out and plant in Feb!
                                Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X