Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Growing Mange Tout

Hi

First post on this forum and not used to forums so please bear with me.

I have just really started growing veggies, and cheated with Mange Tout plants as I couldn't find any seeds in the local garden centre, so I bought some from the local farmers market. I have now planted these out but a couple of the leaves have turned white which I'm not too sure why. Is this normal?

Any help on growing these would be appreciated as I really like Mange tout.

I am also growing Tomatoes, Corn on the Cob, Beetroot, Carrotts, Spring Onions and Broad Beans with my Mum but she is on holiday so "I am looking after the crop" so to speak.

hi Tatty and welcome. Can't help you with the white leaf thing as it's my first proper year of this, too, but just wanted to say hello
    Warning: I have a dangerous tendency to act like I know what I'm talking about.

Comment

Hi Tatty and welcome to the Vine.

I won't be much help to you, in that I don't know names of things or why they happen, or necessarily if it is the same thing, but I know when I was growing peas in a tub in the garden (same plant - with MT you just pick before the peas get big), I used to get some leaves going kind of powdery white every year. I have no idea why, but the plants would still go on to produce plenty of peas that were perfectly edible.

Hopefully a more seasoned Grape will be along soon, but that might relieve you in the meantime.

Wings

Comment

Thank you for your reply Winged One thats exactly what they have on them a powdery white look so fingers crossed they will still be ok.

Have just been and checked on them all and I have a Beetroot seed coming through so am really pleased.

Comment

Hi Tatty, welcome to the vine.

Your white powdery leaves sounds like powdery mildew to me, caused by dry conditions I think. You couls tru spraying them with clear water to raise the himidity, if you are not into chemicals
          Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Do you mean spray the leaves with water?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X