only 2 of us

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• only 2 of us

I need to learn restraint, I have 60 peppers plants growing in the tunnel, 20 Cucumbers plants, 20Tomato plants, 7 corgettes plants 12 more plants , 18 drawf bean beans in 3 giants pots, 20 sweetcorncorn plants, 20 runner beans beans plants , carrots and grape vine, this is all in the tunnel.

Outside 3 wigwams, with 16 runner beans plants in each, 100 leaks to plants, carrots in different places , and 100 cabbage plug plants on the go , 50 beetroot, 20 celeric, 15 rows of potatoes plus onuion s sharlotts etc

Marion
    Last edited by kittykat8; 17-05-2008, 01:26 PM.

Whoah, where do you find the time!!

I mostly garden on my own - my sister hates it (and yet moans when I offer to relieve her of her small patch in the garden) and my mum is really busy.

I could just garden all day!

Unfortunately, school doesn't want to cooperate!!

Jennifer
    Last edited by Garden_girlie21; 17-05-2008, 01:23 PM.
    Whilst typing the above reply, I was probably supposed to be doing homework. My excuse: I'm hooked!

Comment

Well done, but yep, it's a bit much.

Remember to freeze what you can and give the rest away. There maybe some homeless charities in your area who would love free veg.

Cheers

Richard
      Ric Wiley

www.highdensitygardening.com/home.html

Comment

That is rather a lot of produce for 2! Maybe you could give/sell some stuff to school for dinners?

Comment

I'm not so far behind you and we are only two. Only wish I had poly tunnel. I have gone for variety this year and am looking to go to town on pickles chutneys etc. Some of the things I have not grown before are gherkins, achocha, pepino, huckleberry, tomatillo, golden berry and gojiberry. Hope you find homes for your produce KK8.

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by kittykat8 View Post
            I need to learn restraint,
            I totally understand. I think I was a bit excessive this year also. My reasoning is though that, as it's my first year of seeing results, I got a bit too excited and planted out more, and more, and more, ...I'm not worried about it though, there are loads of people I can give veg to. They shall not go to waste.

Comment

I wish I had the room to be excessive! Especially wish I had a polytunnel as the more 'tropical' veg (tomatoes, peppers, aubergines etc) cost a fortune to buy. There's only two of us but I'd love to be able to keep us in veg (both vegetarians).There's always someone you can give it away to though!

Comment

omg i TOTALLY know how you feel!!! For me and alan, and the two kids (who, let's face it, probably won't attempt much of the veg at all ) we have growing...

8 standard bush courgettes
                7 'golfball' bush courgettes
                30 runner beans
                2 aubergines
                19 tomatoes
                25 chillies (various)
                30 peppers (various)
                12 cucumbers
                3 'atlantic giant' pumpkins
                4 butternut squash
                32 sweetcorn
                hundreds of carrots (standard and parmex)
                a few radishes
                a few beetroot
                3ft by 4.5ft bed filled with 'cut and come again' mixed chinese leaves (yummy they are too!)
                5 strawberries
                56 onions
                18 dwarf broad beans
                12 summer cabbages
                1 compost bag of potatoes
                all manner of herbs

phew! i think that's it... i'm sure i'll remember more though! lol

my aim is to blanche and freeze a lot of it, make chutney with some of it, and cook basic sauces with a lot of it, which can then be frozen and added to all sorts of dinners during the winter months!

good luck with yours!!! great isn't it!

Edited to add :

Oops! lol. I forgot the gooseberry bush, the 3 rhubarb plants (which are mostly gone now, and been used for rhubarb chutney already) and the two HUGE victoria plum trees which should yield quite a few kilos of plums each this year!!

Oh, and lots of nasturtiums for eating too!
                Last edited by Beki; 21-05-2008, 02:50 PM.
                1 pony, 1 dog, 2 geese, 20-odd wild ducks, a friendly pheasant, chooks, 3 veg plots (in the garden), a polytunnel, 2 kids, and the OH

Am i mad?

Comment

Took me ages to realise that just because it says 200 seeds on the packet, it doesn't mean sow all of them...
                  A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X