It was me!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was me!

Don't know if this is the right place but i thought I'd give it a go. My youngest son(22) and girlfriend (23) have recently flown their respective coops and set up home together. Imagine my surprise when one of the first things they have done in their new home is to put themselves up for an allotment! This, from the boy who always looked at me with such pity when I used to ask for raised beds as my birthday/christmas/mothers day prezzie. I think they are keeping it as a deep dark secret from their mates and work but still... I wouldn't mind but these are two night club loving, hard work, hard play kind of kids. I think it's great! What do you think the old timers will think when they turn up in Indie gear and dyed hair?
    I like to think I'm part way responsible !

Raine

Come the revolution iPods will be the new flatcap!

I'll be there with my flip flips and cowboy hat. Good luck to 'em, and congrats to you for bringing up a clearly level headed young dude.
    A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
      Come the revolution iPods will be the new flatcap!
      HeyWayne, you've officialy lost me there
      Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

As a member of a generation younger than your son and his girlfriend, it's nice to see I'm not "an extreme value" as my maths teacher would say.

Its great to see other young people growing veg and such - not just me.

Well, it is just me in my area at the moment!

Jennifer
        Whilst typing the above reply, I was probably supposed to be doing homework. My excuse: I'm hooked!

Comment

Garden_Girlie21... short of my two boys, I'm the youngest on our lotties.

It means I get looked after lots though
          Last edited by Shortie; 21-05-2008, 09:19 PM.
          Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

You're right Raine. It's great to see the younger ones getting in there. Maybe I was just a queer kid, but I always liked growing things.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Yup, GYO veg becoming trendy, good, and for all manner of reasons. An article in last Sunday's Observer might be of interest, available at:
              Forget flowers ... fruit and veg are in season for young gardeners | Homes and gardens | Life and Health

bb

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X